About Crypto Wallet
Opera is the first major browser to integrate a native crypto wallet. The Ethereum-based wallet makes Opera capable of exploring Web 3.0 while also enabling you to make transactions with cryptocurrencies and manage their tokens and collectibles.
Your Opera Crypto Wallet works with both your Opera computer browser and your Opera Touch for iOS browser (or Opera for Android) on you mobile device. For security purposes, you make transactions in the Crypto Wallet sidebar panel in your computer browser, while you approve and verify the transactions with your mobile browser.
The keys, collectibles, and tokens in your Opera Crypto Wallet are accessible in both your Opera for computers and Opera Touch browser. Your wallet’s keys and backup phrase never leave your phone and remain secured by your phone’s on-device storage.
Creating an Opera Crypto Wallet
Before using the Crypto Wallet sidebar panel in Opera for computers, you will need to create your own crypto wallet in your Opera Touch or Opera for Android browser.
To create a crypto wallet in Opera Touch for iOS:
- Open the Opera Touch browser on your iOS device.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right-hand corner and select Settings.
- Under CRYPTO WALLET, tap the large button that says Activate.
Your crypto wallet is ready. Now you can access it directly from the three-dot main menu.
A 12-word backup phrase, also known as a seed phrase, will be created for you. Should you ever lose your phone or have your phone stolen, therefore preventing you from accessing your wallet, this phrase can be used to restore your assets in a new wallet. It is very important to keep this phrase safe and secure. Opera will never ask for your backup phrase.
Connecting your Crypto Wallet between your computer and phone
First, you need to add Crypto Wallet to the sidebar in your Opera computer browser. To do so:
- Click the Easy Setup button on the far-right edge of the toolbar.
- Under Features, toggle on Crypto Wallet. The Crypto Wallet icon is now in your sidebar.
- Next, open the Crypto Wallet sidebar panel and click Reveal the code.
In your Opera Touch browser:
- Go to Settings and tap the Connect a Computer button. (Note: You may need to permit Opera Touch to use your device’s camera.)
- Using your device, scan the revealed code in the Crypto Wallet sidebar panel on your computer.
To read more about Opera’s Crypto Wallet, go to the Opera for computer’s help section or search for a specific question in the FAQ.