Bookmarks are shortcuts you create for your favorite web pages. In Opera, your bookmarks are stored in the bookmarks manager, where you can access, copy, delete, and edit the names or URLs of bookmarks.
There are three access points to the bookmarks manager in Opera:
- Sidebar – Click the icon in the sidebar.
- Bookmarks bar – Right-click or ⌘ + click the bookmarks bar, then select Bookmarks.
- Opera Menu – Click the button in the top-left corner of the browser on Windows or Linux, then go to Bookmarks > Bookmarks. On Mac, click Bookmarks in the toolbar, then click Bookmarks.
To show the bookmarks bar under your combined address and search bar, go to Easy Setup in the top-right corner of your browser and click Show bookmarks bar, or go to your bookmarks manager and check the show the bookmarks bar box in the top-right corner.
To create a bookmark, go to the webpage you want to bookmark and click the icon at the far-right end of the combined address and search bar. You will be prompted to name the bookmark and click done.
To edit a bookmark in the bookmarks manager, hover your mouse over one and click the pen icon. You can now change the name and URL of the bookmark.
To copy a bookmark, right-click or ctrl + click the bookmark and click Copy in the pop-up window.
You can select multiple bookmarks by clicking the checkmark button on each bookmark. The checked bookmarks can be dragged as a group to a new location or copied to your clipboard. To delete a bookmark, click the x button.
Deleted bookmarks are stored in Trash (Bin on Mac) in the left side panel. Open that page to see the bookmarks you have deleted. If you wish to restore a deleted bookmark to your bookmarks manager, hover your mouse over the bookmark and click Undo delete.
Creating a bookmarks folder in Opera
A bookmark folder holds multiple bookmarks in one place. These folders can be placed in the bookmarks bar or in your bookmarks manager. To create a bookmark folder:
- Go to Bookmarks.
- Right-click or Ctrl + click on an empty space in your bookmarks manager.
- Click New folder in the pop-up menu.
- Create a name for the folder, then hit Enter on your keyboard.
You can now click and drag bookmarks into your new folder.
Similar to individual bookmarks, bookmark folders can be moved or copied to your Speed Dial. They will become Speed Dial folders on your start page.
Import or export bookmarks from other web browsers
You can import bookmarks from other web browsers to your Opera browser, as well as export bookmarks as an HTML text file from your bookmarks manager. To do so:
- Go to Bookmarks.
- Click the import/export button on the bottom of the left side panel.
- If you choose import, you will be brought to settings, where you can import bookmarks, as well as browsing history, saved passwords and cookies.
- If you choose export, a window will open for you to select the save destination for your HTML text file.