Streamline development with Web Inspector
The complete list of features in Web Inspector is too long to detail here. For more information, see the following pages:
To open Web Inspector, take one of the following steps:
- Right-click an element of the page, and select "Inspect Element" from the context menu.
- From main menu, select . A new submenu called 'Developer tools' will appear in the main menu. Select .
To close Web Inspector, click the button on the upper left corner of the Web Inspector window.
Configure proxy settings
A proxy server is a computer that can, for example:
- Store local copies of webpages so that a group of people (such as employees or subscribers) can get quick access to often-visited webpages
- Act as an interpreter between your browser and a special service
- Alter or monitor information exchange
- Speed up internet communication
To change your proxy server settings:
- From the main menu, select 'Settings'.
- Click 'Browser' on the sidebar.
- Under 'Network', click the 'Change proxy settings…' button.
All traffic using the respective protocol will now go through the proxy server you specify. To use a proxy, you need to specify:
- A protocol (such as HTTP)
- An internet address (such as proxy.example.org or 18.104.22.168)
- A port number (such as 5000)
You can get this information from your internet service provider (ISP), the host of your proxy server, or the documentation that comes with your proxy software.
You can specify whether you want the proxy used even for local servers by checking the "Use proxy for local servers" checkbox.
If your internet provider requires automatic proxy, please enter the web address provided by your ISP.