Import or export data
Import data to Opera
You can import bookmarks (favorites), mail, feed lists, and contacts from other programs, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and older versions of Opera.
To import data:
Note: For Mozilla Firefox bookmarks, see extra steps below before you start.
- Select .
- Select an import option from the list.
- Browse to find the folder that contains your old data.
- Highlight and click "Open" to select the folder.
- A confirmation dialog appears. Select "OK".
Importing Mozilla Firefox bookmarks
Mozilla may store the bookmarks file differently to other browsers. If you cannot find the file, try the following steps:
- In Firefox, click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbar (Windows XP: click the Bookmarks menu) and select "Show All Bookmarks" to open the Library window.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click "Import and Backup" and choose "Export Bookmarks to HTML". Save the file in a location you can easily remember.
- Follow the steps to import shown above and select this folder for step 3.
- The imported bookmarks are stored in a new, separate folder in your Opera Bookmarks manager ( ).
Export data from Opera
You can export data such as feed lists, bookmarks, and contacts. For bookmarks, if you need to use your Opera bookmarks on a browser on another computer, export the bookmarks as an HTML file (Export bookmarks as HTML). Many browsers can understand bookmarks in this format, even if they don't understand Opera's internal bookmark format.
To export data from Opera, follow these steps:
- Go to .
- Choose the file name, change the location if you want to find it easily, and click "Save".
- Import the data file according to the instructions of your other browser.