- Speed Dial
- Opera Widgets
- Opera Link
- Opera Turbo
- Opera Unite
- Content blocking
- Fraud and Malware Protection
- Display modes
- Developer tools
- Advanced Preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the mouse
- Using voice
- E-mail and news
- Backing up Opera
Press Page Down and Page Up to switch slides
Speed Dial gives you quick access to your favorite websites. Every time you open a new tab, you are presented with a grid of thumbnails, each representing a web address. To open a page, click on the corresponding thumbnail, or use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + [1-9].
See the introductory video.
Tip: With Opera Link you can synchronize your Speed Dial on all your computers and all your devices.
How do I add a new dial?
To save a web address as a dial, click on the [+] button. A dialog presents suggestions for addition to Speed Dial, including frequently visited pages and open pages: you may select a webpage from the list or type in a new address. It is also possible to drag and drop from bookmarks, panels, or any other location where web addresses are displayed. To add an address, drop it onto the [+] button.
How do I delete a dial?
To delete a dial, click on the cross on the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
How do I reorganize Speed Dial?
To rearrange, drag and drop the thumbnails from one space to another. If you drop a thumbnail from one space onto an already occupied space, the dials will be exchanged. If you drop an address from outside Speed Dial onto an already occupied space, the old dial will be overwritten.
How do I change the settings?
By default, Speed Dial presents a fluid layout where the number of columns and the zoom level depends on the number of dials. As you increase the number of dials, the dials become smaller, and the number of columns increases. To configure some or all of Speed Dial manually:
- Click the "Configure" button in the upper right corner of the page.
- To change the background, check "Custom background image", select the positioning of the background image from Best fit, Center, Stretch, or Tile, and locate the image you want to use.
- To change the number of columns, select the relevant drop-down value under "Number of columns".
- To fix the zoom at a pre-determined value, change the drop-down value under "Zoom" to "Manual", and adjust the zoom slider to taste.
- To hide the [+] Speed Dial button, check the checkbox. When the [+] button is hidden, the context menu for Speed Dial includes an additional item, "Add New Dial".
Copyright © 1995 - 2011 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.