- Speed Dial
- Opera Widgets
- Opera Link
- Opera Turbo
- Opera Unite
- Content blocking
- Fraud and Malware Protection
- Display modes
- Developer tools
- Advanced Preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the mouse
- Using voice
- E-mail and news
- Backing up Opera
Press Page Down and Page Up to switch slides
To help keep your version of Opera up-to-date, with the latest features and important security and stability fixes, Opera includes an automatic update mechanism.
The auto-update dialog appears after a recommended update has been released. The browser also checks for updates at regular intervals and displays this auto-update dialog as a reminder if you have not yet updated. It includes information about the update, and helps you to install it.
Auto-update dialog options
The following options are available in the auto-update dialog:
- Remind Me Later
- This option closes the dialog and displays it later.
- Download and Install
- This option starts the download. Information about the download appears at the bottom of the page, on the right side of the status bar. When the download is complete, the dialog offers two options:
- Install Now - Opera restarts immediately, and the update is installed.
- Install Later - The update is installed later, the next time you start Opera.
- Automatically install updates without notification from now on
- This is the recommended option to keep you up-to-date, and allows all future updates to occur silently, meaning:
- The auto-update dialog does not ever appear.
- Updates are downloaded automatically.
- Update information, when it exists, appears minimized on the status bar. Click this update information to display the auto-update dialog.
- The updated version of Opera is installed automatically the next time you start the browser.
If you are not the system administrator, a password may be needed to complete the update.
Change auto-update settings
At any time, if you want to change auto-update settings, follow the steps below.
- From the menu, go to .
- In the "Auto-update" section at the bottom, select one of the following options from the drop-down list:
- Do not check for updates – This option turns off the auto-update mechanism. To ensure that you are using the most up-to-date and secure version of the browser, you will need to manually check for updates.
- Notify me about available updates – This option displays the auto-update dialog whenever a recommended update has been released, or from time to time if you have not yet updated the browser.
- Automatically install updates – This option allows all future updates to occur silently (the same as the "Automatically install updates without notification from now on" setting above)
- Click "OK" to save your changes.
Manual update check
To check for updates manually, from the menu, select.
Copyright © 1995 - 2011 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.