- Speed Dial
- Opera Link
- Opera Turbo
- Content blocking
- Fraud Protection
- Display modes
- Developer tools
- Advanced Preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the mouse
- Using voice
- E-mail and news
- Backing up Opera
Press Page Down and Page Up to switch slides
You can change the following settings for voice:
- Disable/enable Voice in Opera completely. Enabling voice for the first time will initiate a dialog asking if you want to download voice libraries for Opera. The download is approximately 10.5MB.
- Select which gender the browser voice should be.
- Determine which key to use as a keyboard substitute for the toolbar "Voice" button and whether to hold the voice button (or key) while talking, click it before talking, or not use the button at all.
Note: Opting to have Opera always listening by not requiring a keypress to talk, is likely to increase response time significantly.
You can also change the voice setup, including the prefix required for all browser commands, by default "Opera". Follow the instructions for changing mouse and keyboard setups.
Click the "Details" button to access these options:
- Make Opera stop computer speech in action when you click the mouse button.
- Disable voice control of the browser while keeping interaction with voice-enabled documents.
- Adjust voice pitch, speed, and volume.
- Adjust the confidence level necessary for Opera to act on a voice command. 10 is the maximum and requires very precise pronunciation.
- Determine how much information should appear in the voice log.
Copyright © 1995 - 2009 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.