- Speed Dial
- Opera Link
- Opera Turbo
- Content blocking
- Fraud Protection
- Display modes
- Developer tools
- Advanced Preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the mouse
- Using voice
- E-mail and news
- Backing up Opera
Press Page Down and Page Up to switch slides
Speed Dial gives you quick access to your favorite Web sites. Every time you open a new tab, you are presented with a 3x3 grid of thumbnails, each representing a Web address. To open a page, click on the corresponding thumbnail, or use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + [1-9].
To save a Web address as a Speed Dial entry, open a new tab and click on one of the nine elements, where it says, "Click to Add a Web Page". A dialog presents a multitude of options, including frequently visited pages and open pages: you may select a Web page from the list or type in a new address. It is also possible to drag and drop from bookmarks, panels, or any other location where Web addresses are displayed.
To delete a Speed Dial entry, click on the cross on the upper right corner of the thumbnail. To rearrange, drag and drop the thumbnails from one space to another. If you drop a thumbnail from one space onto an already occupied space, the entries will be exchanged. If you drop an address from outside Speed Dial onto an already occupied space, the old entry will be overwritten.
Configuring Speed Dial
Speed Dial displays a 3x3 grid by default, but you can change the layout. You can reduce the layout to a 2x2 grid, or expand it to 5x5. You can also add a new background. To configure Speed Dial:
- In the lower-right corner of Speed Dial, click "Configure Speed Dial".
- To change the background, check "Enable background image", select the positioning of the background image from Best fit, Center, Stretch, or Tile, and locate the image you want to use.
- To change the number of Speed Dial entries, select the relevant value under "Speed Dial layout".
- To hide the Speed Dial on new tabs, check "Hide Speed Dial". To re-display Speed Dial, click "Show Speed Dial" in the bottom right corner of a blank tab.
- Click "OK" to save the changes.
Tip: With Opera Link you can synchronize the Speed Dial entries on all your computers and all your devices.
Copyright © 1995 - 2009 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.