Add or remove toolbars
You can easily add or remove toolbars by going to.
You can change the appearance of a toolbar by adding items, changing where or when it displays, changing the style and wrapping, or returning to its defaults. To do this,-click the toolbar and select "Customize". The toolbar is highlighted by a yellow border and you can start customizing the toolbar in the following ways:
- To add an item, such as a button or search field, select "Appearance" and in the resulting dialog, click "Buttons" and drag a new button from the list for any toolbar to the highlighted toolbar.
- To change where the toolbar displays in the browser, select "Appearance" and change the Placement setting.
- To change the style of the toolbar, for example, to use text rather than buttons or images, select "Appearance" and change the Style setting.
- To change the wrapping of the toolbar, select "Appearance" and change the Wrapping setting.
- To set the toolbar to display only when it is needed, select "Appearance" and check "Show only when needed". This is especially useful for the navigation bar.
- To undo any changes you made and reset a toolbar to the default setting, select "Reset Toolbar to Its Defaults".
- To remove an item from a toolbar, select "Remove from Toolbar".
- To change the order in which toolbar buttons or icons appear, drag-and-drop the buttons or icons.
- To change the size of the buttons on all toolbars, select and in the "Icon Size" field, select the percentage to scale the buttons.
Alternatively, you can go to:
Use multiple toolbar setups
Besides customizing toolbars, you can also have more than one toolbar setup, for example, if you want a specific set of toolbars to use for a particular task, but you also want to keep the existing toolbar setup for general browsing. If you want to keep the existing setup around and create a new, additional one, follow these steps:
- Select the toolbar setup you want to use as a template and click "Duplicate".
- Highlight the newly-created toolbar setup, select "Rename", and name it so you can easily identify it.
- Select your new toolbar setup in the list and click "OK" to exit the preferences.
- You are now using the new toolbar setup. Right-click any toolbar and select "Customize" to go to the "Appearance" dialog, where you can drag and drop buttons, search fields and other toolbar elements.
- To return to the previous toolbar setup, select and select the setup from the list.
Download toolbar setups
Members of the Opera community often share their custom-made setups for toolbars on the My Opera Community website. Have a look and see if there is a setup that suits you. If you create a custom setup that might be useful for other people, you can share it here too.
See also: Personalize Opera