- Speed Dial
- Opera Widgets
- Opera Link
- Opera Turbo
- Opera Unite
- Content blocking
- Fraud and Malware Protection
- Display modes
- Developer tools
- Advanced Preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the mouse
- E-mail and news
- Backing up Opera
Press Page Down and Page Up to switch slides
To help keep your version of Opera up-to-date, with the latest features and important security and stability fixes, Opera includes an automatic update mechanism.
The auto-update dialog appears after a recommended update has been released. It includes information about the update, and helps you to install it. The browser checks for updates at regular intervals; to do a manual check, select the menu item.
Auto-update preferences are saved in Advanced Preferences, under Security.
The first time an update becomes available, the auto-update dialog appears. If you select "Remind Me Later", the dialog closes and does not reappear until later. If you select "Download and Install", the download commences. Information about the download appears at the bottom of the page, on the right side of the status bar.
When the download is complete, the dialog offers two options:
- "Install Now" - Opera restarts immediately, and the update is installed.
- "Install Later" - The update is installed later, the next time you start Opera.
The system administrator password is needed to complete the update, unless you are the system administrator.
If in the auto-update dialog you check the box marked "Automatically install updates without notification from now on", all future updates will occur silently, meaning:
- The auto-update dialog does not appear.
- Updates are downloaded automatically.
- Update information, when it exists, appears minimized on the status bar. Click on this update information to make the auto-update dialog reappear.
- The updated version of Opera is installed automatically the next time you start the browser.
Copyright © 1995 - 2010 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.