- Speed Dial
- Opera Widgets
- Opera Link
- Opera Turbo
- Opera Unite
- Content blocking
- Fraud Protection
- Display modes
- Developer tools
- Advanced Preferences
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the mouse
- E-mail and news
- Backing up Opera
Press Page Down and Page Up to switch slides
Opera Link is a free service that enables data sharing between all your computers and devices. It synchronizes the following browser components, so they are available to you wherever you go:
The Web version of Opera Link makes your bookmarks available even from other browsers.
To use Opera Link, take the following steps:
- Select from the menu, or click on the Opera Link icon, located on the bottom left of the browser on the status bar, and select "Enable Synchronization".
- A wizard helps you to sign up for an Opera account. If you already have an Opera account, click on the button marked "I already have an account".
- In the final step, the wizard reveals a set of checkboxes that gives you detailed control over the elements that will be synchronized.
Once you are signed in to Opera, synchronization occurs, and the Opera Link icon on the status bar turns green. Thereafter, Opera Link continuously and automatically registers any changes you make. To disable Opera Link at any time, take one of the following actions:
- Select from the menu, and choose "Disable Opera Link".
- Click on the Opera Link icon on the status bar, select "Configure" and choose "Disable Opera Link".
The first time that you log in, Opera makes a backup copy of the bookmarks and other elements that will be synchronized. The purpose of this backup is to protect you in case the results of synchronization were not what you expected. Please remember that when you use Opera Link together with more than one computer, a change on one is reflected on all others.
If you use Opera Link together with Opera Mini, you will discover an "Opera Mini" folder in the bookmarks menu on Opera for desktop. If you use Opera Link both at work and at home and want to keep the two sets of bookmarks separate, you may find it convenient to place all the work bookmarks in a "Work" folder, and all the home bookmarks in a "Home" folder, to keep them from being merged.
If two sets of bookmarks are merged, and you want to separate them into the original two groups, go to, and from the "View" drop-down, select "Sort by My Order". The resulting list has one group of bookmarks on top, and the other on bottom.
Copyright © 1995 - 2010 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.