Set Opera as the default browser
You can set Opera as your default browser so that Opera automatically opens when you request any webpages or information from the internet.
For the two major desktop Unix environments, the easiest ways of changing the default system web browser to Opera are:
- In Gnome's system menu, select .
- On the web browser tab, replace the name of the current default browser with "Opera".
- Important: Leave the "%s" in the browser name field so that files are launched by other applications directly.
- Open KDE System Settings.
- Go to .
- Add Opera as the default application for the file types you want to launch directly in the browser, for example text/html.